Sarahah.com is the new trending social sites especially among the teens, people are having fun with it. But do you know it can be hacked easily!! If You guys might wanna know what Sarahah is and it’s flaws, keep reading….
What is Sarahah.com?
Sarahah is a Social Networking Communication Site and App developed by ZainAlabdin Tawfiq. He launched Sarahah a half year back only as a website. However, he later realized that it would do wonders as an application. That is the point at which he made the Application, which is presently available for Android and IOS. The application in no time turned out to be one of the top trending apps with over millions of downloads.
Sarahah means ‘honesty’. The key thought behind planning the application is to permit individuals to send creative messages to each other. However, in recent times there’s an increasing number of users who are using the application as a means of cyber bullying and trolling others.
(Also read: How to keep your bank account secure.)
How Sarahah.com works?
- First of all, you need to create an account on Sarahah.com or App.
- You will be provided a personal dashboard with a link with your name.
- Share that link on social networks.
- Your Friends or Co-workers can give feedback to you Anonymously.
- You can see all your feedbacks and improve yourself.
Risks of using Sarahah:
A security loophole has been reported by Defencely Cloud Security, a security online solution which believed to be the first Indian company to serve cloud based on-demand security solutions. Defencely doesn’t just reports vulnerabilities of a website but also goes fix the bugs and holes the moment they’re detected.
It is vulnerable to Cross Site Scripting (XSS) attack.
An attacker can perform:
- Cookie stealing: Attacker can steal session data in real time and login without credentials.
- Phishing: Attacker can steal your username and password.
- Browser Exploit: It can change your browser’s setting without your knowledge.
- It can also attack systems connected to your system.
- Attackers can steal files from your system.