New file sharing bug found in new mac update while removing the older bug which helped to Login into macOS High Sierra Without Password
Following the discovery of security flaw in the latest version of Apple’s operating system, macOS High Sierra, Apple has released an update to solve that. But in hurry to patch that, they have messed the file sharing for some users.
File sharing is used by many companies and for the personal use also. The numbers of people affected is still not known. Though don’t avoid the latest update because of file share bug.
Apple quickly acknowledged the file sharing bug and released a support document guiding users to fix it. File sharing bug is assumed to be because of system library error for failed authentication
How to fix file sharing bug for macOS High Sierra 10.13.1?
- Open the Terminal app.
- Type below command and press Return.
- Enter your administrator password and press Return.
- Quit the Terminal app.
Well, this bug is not much vulnerable but it seems High Sierra needs more testing before release.
From the older update bug :
How to protect your mac?
Apple has issued a security update for this vulnerability saying it was because of logic error in the validation of credentials.
You can also manually fix it by enabling root user with a password as below:
- Open System Preferences.
- Select Users & Groups.
- Click on the lock icon and Enter your administrator name and password there.
- Click on “Login Options” and Select “Join”.
- Select “Open Directory Utility”.
- Click on the lock icon to make changes and type your username and password there.
- Click “Edit” at the top of the menu bar.
- Select “Enable Root User” and set a password for the root user.
Watch this Video to see how older Bug worked and control your macOS in less than 2 minutes.