After a very long wait, WhatsApp recall message feature aka Delete for Everyone is finally here. Read Full to know how to enable and use it, Share if you like.
How does the feature work?
Deleting messages for everyone allows you to delete specific messages you have sent to either a group or an individual chat. This is particularly useful if you sent a message to the wrong chat or if the message you sent contains a mistake.
Messages you successfully delete for everyone will be replaced with “This message was deleted” in your recipients’ chats (*). Similarly, if you see “This message was deleted” in a chat, it means that the sender deleted their message for everyone.
You can only delete messages for everyone for up to seven minutes after sending. Once seven minutes have passed, there is no way to delete messages for everyone.
So here is how you can delete message for everyone :
- You need to be on the latest version of Whatsapp beta Version 2.17.401 beta you can get the same by either downloading APK from Apkmirror using the link given below or directly sign up for Whatsapp Beta here. Also Read: WhatsApp to launch UPI-enabled payment service | Money transfer through Whatsapp
- Now when you got the latest version, you have to do is follow what I do :
- Open WhatsApp and go to the chat containing the message you wish to delete.
- Tap and hold the message > choose Delete from the menu. Optionally, select more messages to delete multiple messages at once.
- Tap Delete > Delete for Everyone
- That’s it you just deleted message from other users device, here is how it looks like after you delete message for everyone. When receiver receives your Message
The Delete for Everyone feature doesn’t work for…
— Message contained in a quoted message cannot be revoked.
— It’s not possible to delete for everyone messages sent in a Broadcast List.
— Messages can be recalled only within 7 minutes of time frame after which you cannot recall or revoke it.
— The feature works only if both sender and receiver are using the updated version of WhatsApp. WhatsApp will enable the delete for everyone feature working for older versions too, but obviously not for the very old version where Delete for Everyone hasn’t been implemented yet. — The feature does not work for Symbian OS.
Note: – The feature is a slow roll out. You may get the feature any time but in case you don’t then uninstall and reinstall the app. You can also go to WhatsApp’s Setting> Chats>Backup and perform it.
If you enjoyed it Please Share it with your family, friends and collegues.